Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of high school.

I'm trying to understand why kids don't want their parent to walk them to class or be seen with a parent by other students. I mean...What's really goin' on? So I took my child to her first day of high school. There are more than 2500 kids or so. She had an idea where her classes were but didn't really know. So I ask if she wanted me to walk her to her first class. (You would have thought I ask her to dance with me in the middle of the school). She gave me a look of utter disgust. I just pawned it off as "a kid thing". I don't remember going crazy being seen with my parents, unless of course they tried to drop me off with a houserobe or rollers..hey it could happen and "has" happened. Kids!!

3 comments:

  1. Girl, these are the 'new school' kids. They are so much more grown than we were. They have cell phones in elementary school and cars in high school. They've got to get their swag on.
    They are not trying to be seen with their mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just sayin' boo--you just wait. Those two (pumkins) of yours will have you drop them off around the corner in pre-school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL this is too funny! I can wait to be a mommy and have some funny stories to tell. :o)

    ReplyDelete